A Skilled Nursing Facility for Short-term Rehabilitation and Long-term Care
Choosing a skilled nursing facility is an important decision. Whether you or a loved one need a short stay to get back on your feet after surgery, stroke or illness, or require long-term or medically complex care outside the hospital setting, Mount Saint Vincent Care Center is an excellent choice.
You can count on us to provide the medical care you need, the restorative therapy that’s necessary, and the compassionate support you and your family deserve.
Short-term Rehabilitation and Restorative Services
Our staff of highly trained and experienced physical, occupational and speech therapists helps patients through the recovery process after joint replacement, stroke, cardiac or other surgery, helping the individual regain strength, mobility and independence.
Medically Complex Care Unit
Patients with multiple health issues, including cardiac and respiratory conditions, require more than routine nursing care. Our medically complex care unit provides this higher level of care. We take an interdisciplinary approach that includes intensive therapies, medical and nursing care, and helps patients return to the highest-possible level of functioning and quality of life.
When patients have chronic long-term care needs that can’t be met in their own home, we’re here to provide individualized care to meet those needs, 24/7, in a supportive, home-like environment.
The Services We Provide
Our patients and residents have access to a comprehensive range of services, tailored to their unique needs, including:
- Medical and skilled nursing care
- Professional physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Medication administration and monitoring
- Intravenous (IV) therapy
- Infusion therapy
- Pain and wound management
- Pharmaceutical services
- Podiatry (foot care)
- Audiology (hearing care)
- Nutritional services
- Social services
- Behavioral health services
- Hospice and palliative care
- Health education and support services for residents and families
A Home-like Facility in a Beautiful Location
Overlooking the Connecticut River in the Ingleside section of Holyoke (near the mall), Mount Saint Vincent Care Center provides a welcoming, comfortable atmosphere aimed at making residents feel right at home.
- Bright and cheerful private and semi-private rooms allow for privacy and personal touches
- A spacious dining room with lovely views, a large activity room, patio area, and library offer ample opportunities for socializing
- A peaceful chapel provides a quiet place for reflection
Extensive Recreational Opportunities
To enhance quality of life and appeal to the individual interests of each resident, our therapeutic recreation department offers a wealth of activities, including:
- Arts and crafts
- Cooking groups
- Cultural diversity, intergenerational and reflection groups
- Exercise groups
- Movie matinees
- Music and entertainment
- Outings for lunch, picnics, shopping, and visits to area attractions and museums
- Pet visits
- Sensory stimulation games
- Social gatherings including happy hours and parties
The MissionCare at Holyoke Difference
Our residents have streamlined access to the resources and expertise of a major health system, including Mercy Medical Center and Mercy Home Care. In addition:
- Staff longevity – Most of our staff have been here a long time (unusual in the skilled nursing environment), reflecting their commitment to serve our residents with passion and compassion
- Spiritual care regardless of faith – We have a full-time chaplain and a beautiful chapel, something few facilities offer
- High patient and family satisfaction scores – When asked if they’d recommend us to someone else, residents and family members overwhelmingly say yes (94%)
Learn More about MissionCare at Holyoke
We invite you to take a tour of our facility at your convenience. Either stop by or call us to schedule a visit at 413-532-3246.
MissionCare at Holyoke is accredited by The Joint Commission for long-term care.